1. Make sure your work is 100% original. Please don't copy someone else's work.
2. You may write any kind of poem!
3. Stick to the round's current theme.
4. No offensive/lewd material. Let's keep things family friendly.
5. You may submit as many poems as you like.
6. Each round will last a month.
7. Everyone's work will be judged at the end of each round.
8. The runner up shall receive a merit.
9. The winner shall receive a merit and the right to choose the next round's theme.
1. Title your poem
2. Write down as many lines as you like, depending on the style of your poem
The Current Theme
Round 6's theme will be "Secrets".
Ends Feb 24, 2017.
Round 1 "A Day In The Life": Doombreed
Round 2 "War": coleslaw35
Round 3 "Memory": wolf1991
Round 4 "Consequences of Honesty": BlueEyedBlondie
Round 5 "Forgiveness": Last4Skull
Round 6 "Secrets": ...
When I think about my friends
I wonder where they are
And if they're predetermined
by some sort of magic scar
That's deep inside the world
Of my life
Often, as I try to fall asleep
I think of all the secrets that I will keep
For if I do not wonder,
I will fall into the slumber
Of a million souls.
A hundred thousand specules of molten steel,
Burn my flesh, that's how it feels.
Sparks from my grinder cover my skin,
My eyes sting,
The glow of the metal,
The heat that I sense,
Relasing new layers,
Than no one has seen.
Shaping, shifting ,creating
My very own firworks,
Flash before my eyes,
To keep it a secret,
I only behold.